we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Splash Park

As hard as I tried to make Ivan like Rexburg Rapids, he just didn't. Instead of paying to go there any try again, I decided to go to the free splash park in town. We were supposed to have a play group with other kids in the ward, but as usual nobody else showed up. We got there at the perfect time, a little after 11, before it got super hot and crowded. We took a nice spot in the shade and set up camp. I brought lunch for us to have while we were there. Ivan thoroughly enjoys eating lunch outside.

There weren't a ton of people there that day, thank goodness, but still enough big kids to make Ivan nervous.

This is as close as he got to the water.



So we had a nice picnic. Sat outside for an hour. Then decided to go take a nap at our regular time.



Yay.



I just think it's a little dumb that I want to do all these fun things with my kids and they don't actually want to do them. Maybe next year will be better when Charlotte can play too. That's what Ivan really needs, a friend he can really count on.


No comments:

Post a Comment