we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Brenda's Bridal Shower

I had the opportunity to throw Brenda a bridal shower! woohoo! Thank you for letting me put all this together, it was super fun and I loved it.

Brenda is getting married on Saturday and wanted a bridal shower with her people from her hometown. The location was Janet's house (Brenda's mom). The theme was something blue. The menu.... If you don't yet know, when I'm in charge of food, I do what my momma taught me. I go overboard. It's far better to have leftovers and send stuff home with people than to run out of anything. So we had creme drops, taffy, caramels, caramel covered pretzels, peanut M & M's, grapes, fruit dip, strawberries, watermelon, cantelope, caramel covered popcorn, mints, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, Rolos, Dove chocolates, and Hershey's kisses. I had so much fun decorating the cupcakes!

The spread. I made "Tiffany punch" which is supposed to be more of a Tiffany blue color, but it still looks cool. It's blue Hawaiian punch and lemonade. Tastes pretty good too. 
I hot glued paper doilies to napkins that were wrapped around a fork. 
I don't think I got any good pictures of the cupcakes, but they were blue and white with flowers and swirls and little pearl candies. I made my Great Grandma Delaney's chocolate cake with my mom's vanilla buttercream icing.
For decorations, I borrowed some brown packages (that look like wrapped presents) and made all these tissue paper pom poms. I was pretty impressed that the pom poms turned out so well. Thank you pinterest for the pinsperation.

Brenda's guestbook with more decorations behind it. 
Brenda had lots of guests show up, so many that we ran out of chairs! And she got lots of presents.





Happy bridal shower Brenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment