we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nana and Papa meet Ivan

First I wanna say that the first people to visit us were Ben and Natalie and Emma Millett on Friday the 30, the day Ivan was born. They kindly brought Michael Taco Bell. The next visitor we had was Brenda, Michael's twin sister. She came on Saturday and stayed the night and kindly brought Michael Wendy's.

My parents, who live in Tennessee, came to visit that week too. They came on Monday the 3rd and got to meet their fourth grand kid. Ivan is the fourth grand kid on my side and on Michael's side. Pretty cool. Monday was very exciting. I hadn't seen my parents since May and the thought of financially and physically being able to afford visiting TN again this year just really isn't happening. So I was super excited to see 2 of my favorite people and for them to meet my newest favorite person. Tuesday they went to the doctor's with us. Our pediatrician, Dr. Jones, is amazing. And Ivan's check up went great. He had only lost 2 ounces from what his birth weight was. Ivan never had any sign of jaundice and Dr. Jones is continually impressed with his muscle tone. After that appointment we went to bear world. After all, I was pretty impressed that my mom convinced my dad to come visit me. I am his favorite, but flying and driving and travelling really isn't his thing. Especially since they used to own land just out of Butte, Montana and all my dad wanted was to live in the west. So him coming to visit meant a lot and really is a big deal. My mom coming to visit is a big deal too, she tends to help more. :] So I wanted to show my parents the coolest thing around, and we have community cards that get us in for half price. They were blown away! I don't think my mom had ever seen elk before and there's just so many bears! In the gift shop they have about 20 flavors of fudge. My dad loves fudge. So the got some and got some for us too. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and I'm pretty sure my parents were blown out of the water. Wednesday we were going to go to Yellowstone, but it was cold and rainy and I just didn't feel like sitting in a car for any amount of time. So we got my parents addicted to How I Met Your Mother. Did I mention how much we like this show? It's hilarious. Probably not the most appropriate thing we've ever watched, but hilarious. And my parents started looking at land out here. Not in Rexburg, but in Cheyenne, WY. They are thinking that my dad could go back to school and get his nurse practitioner degree and my mom would only have to work in the summer (and probably wouldn't ever leave the house in the winter). In Cheyenne there is a VA hospital, which is where they are working now so they could transfer fairly easily. Plus land is pretty cheap. That's the draw. Then they'd be pretty darn close to us. We'd like to end up in Fort Collins, CO not too far away. And discussion of that went on all week. I love my parents so much and I've decided if they hadn't been here for the first week of recovery that I would have died. Between being in loads of pain still, making me practically immobile, and having the "baby blues" hit me like a ton of bricks, I was having a hard time. It should be mandatory to have at least one family member, other than your husband, stay with you and help you for the first week after having a baby. I could have even used their help for another whole week to adjust to Michael being at work half the day. So thank you Mom and Dad for being awesome and being there for my and my little one when I needed you most. I know Michael appreciates it too cuz he didn't have to make me eggs and toast and bring me water when I needed it. My mom makes the best scrambled eggs I don't care what you say. Here's some pictures of Nana and Papa with Ivan and of bear world round 2.










No comments:

Post a Comment