we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Sunday, October 23, 2011

20 Questions

My sister-in-law Laura did this on her blog a couple weeks ago and we all found it quite informative. And very entertaining. So per Michael's request, here's my 20 questions about that special someone in my life.

1. Where did you meet?
We met on  January 17, 2006 at my older sister's house on Oakdale Dr. in Clarksville, TN. Specifically, in the living room. He was there to teach me and my sister. His missionary companion was Elder Tauiautusa. They rode their bikes over, and it was a really hilly neighborhood and it rained all day, cold, wet, winter rain. 


2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
This is going to be interesting. To explain, I had just been baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on the 14. The 2 missionaries that taught me and baptized me just went home the day or two before and now these 2 new guys were here to teach me and my sister the new member lesson. I wasn't super thrilled that the 2 people I'd grown close to spiritually were gone and now I was supposed to learn from these new guys... Oh and I remember thinking that his voice was a little weird. 


3. Do you remember what he/she was wearing?
A suit, I'm pretty sure it was black. And he had black shoes. And his hair was parted and gelled. And he had a name tag. 


4.Where was the first time you kissed this person?
In my driveway, leaning against his car on June 14, 2009. He came to visit me after a long distance relationship and getting to know each other through facebook. The visit was to "see some people from his mission" and it really turned out to be whether I was worth him moving out there to marry me. Oh, and I kissed him, for the record. Afterwords, we took a picture together with really goofy, cheesy smiles on our faces. I love that picture.





5. Where did you go for your first date?
It depends on what you consider a date. There were times when we were dating and he was in Idaho and I was in Tennessee that I would set up a blanket outside and talk to him for hours. If that was face to face then that's an awesome date. The first night he was in Tennessee to visit after his mission we went to McGregor Park aka the riverwalk and sat on a bench and chatted for about an hour. But he was super tired after driving 26 hours straight, right after leaving a family reunion, and having not slept for a long time. I think our first date was Tuesday when he picked me up at 6 am, I made him breakfast, we drove to Sewanee, TN and walked around the college campus there (absolutely amazing, every building is like a stone castle), hiked to a natural bridge, found a baby snapping turtle, drove to Alabama to make his roommate jealous, drove to Chattanooga, went to Lookout Mountain, went to Rock City (the gnomes were a little much), and finally ended up at our original destination- the stone door in Grundy County, hiked around there for a while then went to a waterfall he wanted to jump off of while on his mission, he jumped I swam and he almost died. I got home at 11 that night and I hoped that day was the beginning of many more adventures to come. Wow, I'd like to see someone top that for a first date... except he didn't walk me to the door.

Sewanee

Natural Bridge


Rock City, you can see 7 states from there!

Stone door

The waterfall that tried to kill Michael.


6. How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
To be honest, I don't really remember when exactly we "became a couple" the first time... We met in 2006, he was in my ward for 4 months, I saw him once more at a musical fireside and talk for a couple minutes and in 2008 we started talking on facebook in January and maybe in March we started talking on the phone and long distance dating. So I'm gonna say 2 and a quarter years... is that fair?


7. How did he/she ask you out?
I'm pretty sure it was just implied...



8. Has this person ever proposed to you?
Yes, twice. I said no the first time and yes the second. The first time was after we had played soccer and he did something that made me super upset and he was concerned for our relationship. So he bought me ice cream and told me he had the ring with him. I wouldn't even let him talk to me alone. I wanted our proposal story to be better than that. The second time was a winner. I babysat that night and told him to meet me at my house after I got done with work. Then I went to his house and set up flower petals, a picnic on the floor (he had just moved in and had no furniture), and candles. Then he came over and we talked and ate and had fun, and at 3 in the morning on August 16, 2009 he pulled out the ring and said there couldn't be a better time. :]


9. Do you and this person have kids together?
No. We have one kid, and he is perfect. 


10.Have you ever broken the law with this person?
Yes. Speeding on a number of occasions,  breaking and entering, theft, and a whole bunch of not reporting underage drinking. Not that we were doing it, just not telling on other people doing it. 


11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person?
It would have to be when I stuck the shrek candy on my forehead for him at the young women's spaghetti dinner in 2006. We were trying to raise money for girls' camp, so we had a spaghetti dinner and dessert auction. People kept buying desserts and giving them to the missionaries. One of the desserts was a cake that was decorated with shrek candy. He dared me to put it on my face, so I took the candy off the cake and, using the frosting as adhesive, stuck it to my forehead. I thought he was pretty cool right then, especially since I remember feeling super sick all night and that was the only time I smiled the whole time I was there. Later he put 3 of them on his face. He has such an awesome sense of humor. 




12. Do you get along with his/her family?
Yep. I do have my favorites, but everyone is easy to get along with.


13. Do you trust this person?
He is my baby daddy, I guess I have to. I really do trust him though. Some people doubt his logical thought process and others think he's a little crazy, but I think he understands life better than most. 


14. Do you see him/her as your partner in your future?
Yes, obviously. So I'm going to replace this question.
14. What is your favorite thing about this person?
Spiritually- His dedication to his covenants. Emotionally- This one's obvious, his sense of humor. Not a day goes by that that man doesn't make me laugh and smile. Physically- His butt, he could easily be a pants model, such a nice rear. He has super pretty eyes too. And his hair has so much volume. I could go on and on. 


15. What is the best gift he/she gave you?
Well, we certainly have a beautiful child, but I think I gave that to him, I did work harder at getting him here. We dated long distance for a while in 2008, which happened to be the year I graduated from high school. Yea, Michael and I dated while I was still in high school ( I was already 18 though). He sent me a box full of things for a graduation present. I got 2 big hunk bars, they don't have those back east, a hairnet from his work, a book about spiritual experiences in temples, a pack of zebra pens, 2 of his toys from when he was a kid, a chicken and a horse that has flashlights in their mouths and made noises when you pulled their tails, a hot wheels car, and my dinosaur. The dinosaur is the best part. He gave each of his family members a dinosaur for Christmas that year. The couples got dinosaurs that matched. He had one left over, so he gave it to me. Michael's dinosaur is a velociraptor and mine is a t-rex. We still have them today, sitting in our kitchen. 


16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves?
He tries to get me to eat foods that I don't think I'll like. I'm kind of a picky eater, and he wants me to try new things. I don't always want to try new things, but the part that bothers me is when he's right about me liking something I don't think I'll like until I try it and like it. 


17. Where do you see each other 15 years from now?
That's so far away! I have a hard time see where we'll be 5 months from now. But I'll try. I think I'd be working at a vet clinic part time, and helping the kids with homework and sports. All our kids with love soccer, of course. Michael will be some hot shot business man, all sexy in a suit, working hard and supporting his family. We'll have 3 kids by then, and no more than that. I think we'll be in a real house by then. And we'll have a husky and a german shepherd.  


18. What causes the most arguments?
We don't really fight. I get upset sometimes, but I'm an emotional person and it's not anything in particular that Michael does that makes me sad. Plus half our marriage I was pregnant, so that's not fair. Plus, if I said what really caused distress in our relationship I'd be in trouble. You'll just have to guess.


19. How long have you been together?
Forever. He's the man I've always dreamed of being with and I've forgotten my life before he was in it. The non-cheesy answer, for 6 months or so in 2008 and since May 2009, 2 years 10 months.


20. Are you married?
Yep. 


I sure do love this guy :]

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found my post informative and entertaining...hopefully all in good ways. :) Thanks for returning the favor!

    We still have our dinosaurs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack spotted those dinosaurs RIGHT away, too!

    ReplyDelete