we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ivan is 3!

2 and a half months old
3 months old

I cannot believe my little boy is 3 years old already! He is such a big kid, a great big brother, and the best helper ever. He is absolutely hilarious! Ivan is a very fun loving kid. He is also very sensitive and aware of those around him, their emotions, and their actions. He takes being a big brother seriously. Very seriously. He knows that it's his job to protect Charlotte and keep her safe. He is more than willing to stand up to anybody, even Mom and Dad, when he thinks Charlotte is being treated unfairly. He pouts, he whines, he snorts when he laughs, he talks all the time.

10 months old
1 year old
1 year and 3 months old

Ivan's favorite things:
puzzles
strawberries
riding horses
playing soccer
being naked
playing with Charlotte
swinging
being a dinosaur
hot dogs
The Saggy Baggy Elephant
The Hive
raisins

2 years and 4 months old

2 years old

2 years and 6 months old

2 years and 8 months old

I seriously love this kid. Any time I'm in the kitchen, he brings a chair over to me and asks "Do you need any help today?" He loves helping me with the dishes and making cookies. And he's actually helpful, too. He follows the rules, most of the time, and helps Charlotte follow them too. Any time the kids are alone together, he helps Charlotte with whatever she needs. Ivan is very giving and sweet. I am so grateful to have this little guy in my life. He has changed me completely. I can only hope that the more he grows the more he'll help me grow. I love his sweet smile, his kind heart, his absolute desire to be all that is good, and all the love he gives to everyone he sees. One of my most favorite things he does is call people his "friends." Any time we're at the park, the play place, the store, wherever, and Ivan finds someone that talks to him, looks at him, or is a kid he thinks they are his friend. Ivan is crazy and an acrobat and a monkey climber. He is all that joy means. I love you kiddo.

The birthday boy!

Charlotte was a little overwhelmed by all the people and noise. She wanted nothing more than to cuddle with her dad. 

For Ivan's birthday celebration on his birthday, we let him choose what he wanted to do. He wanted to go to the play place for lunch then to the DI. At the DI he got to pick one toy that he could buy with his birthday money. He thought this was so cool! At Arctic Circle, since it has the best play place, they have these little coin machines that give out dinosaurs. As soon as we got inside Ivan said, "I can get one of those dinosaurs because I have my birthday moneys. Ooooo!" Ivan also asked to go to the library. We had perfect timing and got there for the tail end of story time. Everyone here is out of school on harvest break so they did a special story time today with cupcakes! Ivan got to decorate a special crown, color a picture, and have his very own cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment