we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Madison County Fair

Every year I look forward to the fair. I have never seen a fair like the Eastern Idaho State Fair. It is seriously impressive. Michael will actually be home when the fair is here, but I decided that walking around that huge fair might be a little much for me this year with the way this pregnancy is going. And even if I have help with the kids, I'll just be that much farther along and that much less mobile. So I'm passing on the EISF and I'm going to the Madison County Fair instead.

Just milking a fake cow. He didn't understand it at first, but once some water came out, he jumped! 

I was really impressed. It doesn't cost to get in, a huge plus! We were able to spend our money on some rides, which we've never let the kids do before, and on the food, which we always do.

The "rides" we did were just a bunch of bouncy houses. You paid for a certain amount of time to play on all these different things. It was nice to have some variety so Charlotte and Ivan would be entertained. Charlotte absolutely loved this thing. She would walk in circles til she fell over then laugh and laugh. 

You see that little person in the blue shirt on the left slide? That's Ivan. He climbed all the way to the top of those stairs by himself and yelled "woohoo" the whole way down the slide. I think he needed to weigh just a little more cuz he kept getting sucked over to the side. It worked well though, then he didn't go super fast down the slide. 

The rides were pricey, but the kids had so much fun I didn't mind. And I've been selling some of the toys they don't play with as much and I used that money as our fun money.

Ivan got to ride a pony! He was the only kid over there at the time, so they gave him an extra long ride. He sure is a natural on a horse. Charlotte didn't want to get on one, but she was more than happy to let it sniff her hand.

That's one happy kid right there! He kept telling me we would do this again when dad came home. 

Then we got to walk around the animal barns. Some of the animals were really cute and the kids sure enjoyed seeing them all. They just love animals.

This little calf kept licking everybody. Ivan giggled when he stuck his tongue out but was less than impressed when the calf started nibbling on him. 
The sheep in the front was chewing on the stroller. Charlotte laughed uncontrollably! Ivan yelled at the sheep and said "you be nice to my sister, sheep." I guess he thought she was sad?

After we were done walking around and playing, we grabbed some food, some delicious, really bad for you, fair food. Then the rodeo started. This was also free to attend. We didn't last long there, since I was thoroughly exhausted and the kids were much too wound up to sit a watch. They kept scaling the fence and trying to get in with the mutton busting group.

Just a bunch of crazies wanting to be in the rodeo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment