we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ellie's Birthday

Do you know Ellie? Ellie is one of Ivan's favorite friends. She and Ivan have been friends since Ivan was a baby. She is without a doubt Ivan's first girlfriend, and his betrothed. These guys are two peas in a pod that's for sure.

That is the designated reading chair. 

We were going to Utah to pick up Michael and planned to go a couple days early to see some friends. I wanted to be there Friday but Michael wouldn't get there til Sunday. I planned to visit Tami (Ellie's mom) since they are living close to Michael's grandparents. Turns out they were headed out of town that day. Tami invited me to Ellie's birthday party which would be on Wednesday. What a fun idea! I decided it would be good for us to get there a couple days earlier instead of missing out on seeing these friends altogether. After I agreed to go to the party, I had some serious trouble with the kids and my pregnancy and life itself. I had a huge breakdown on Sunday, triggered by who knows what, and actually experienced by Michael. Most of our time apart I'd been able to compose myself while talking to him. And for the first couple weeks I was truly happy that I'd come back to Rexburg. At the end of our time apart I was really starting to lose it. I was really freaked out by my constant contractions. I was pretty scared I was gonna have a baby at 29 whatever weeks and that it would be without Michael. And a person can only take so much of being with their kids all day every day. At least I can only take so much of doing it all by myself. I had long debated making the drive to Salt Lake, an almost 4 hour trip. Brenda offered to pick up Michael. Michael offered to take the bus. While I was talking to Michael on Sunday I totally lost it. I couldn't even talk through the tears. This made me decide it was better to not be alone with my kids any longer than I absolutely had to.

Yum, icing! I think that's about all the kids actually ate of the cupcakes. That's ok, I was able to dispose of them, no problem :)

And we're back on track to Ellie's birthday party! Ellie is turning 3 at the end of the month! We had chicken salad sandwiches for dinner. Tami put cashews in them! Have you ever tried that? It's incredible. Seriously, I've never liked chicken salad sandwiches before this pregnancy. I had no idea what I was missing out on! Then we had chocolate cupcakes with yummy pink icing. Ellie loved all her presents. Ivan and Charlotte loved them too.


Somehow Charlotte got icing all over her face, dress, the counter, and me. It's so fun being a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment