we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Monday, July 14, 2014

It's decided

We found a sweet basement apartment in Rexburg. It's way under budget and it's huge! We found it on the bulletin board through BYU-I and it's been for rent for a while, so I'm thinking we need to pounce on it! It's about 1200 sq ft, has a washer and dryer, 2 bedrooms, all utilities included (even cable!), and it has a garage. And this is all for $600 a month. We were budgeting for about $700 and trying to find a place that was less than that so we could just be spending $700 once the utilities were added in was quite a challenge. Turns out this place has everything we need, except a dishwasher. Aw shucks. I think that's something I can live with, we'll see.

In the meantime, I've got to be practical about how getting back to Rexburg is going to work. The people renting this apartment live in Provo and we told them we could meet there to sign the lease. We figure that way we get first dibs since it'll take a week to get to them. We discussed having Michael drive with me and fly back to Florida. I think that's gonna be more work than it's worth. So I'm going on my own. I've got to get everything packed and loaded, and hopefully leave on Wednesday.

My plan is to leave early on Wednesday, about 5 am, and drive to Atlanta. I'll stop there, have lunch and let the kids play for a bit. Then we'll get back in the car and drive to Tennessee where we'll stay with my parents for a couple days.
Thursday we'll just hang out in Clarksville, see some friends we didn't get to last time and just have a day out of the car.
Friday we'll leave Tennessee early in the morning and drive to Lincoln, Nebraska where we will stay the night.
Saturday we'll drive through Nebraska and most of Wyoming and stop in Green River and stay with Michael's aunt Cindy.
Sunday we'll drive from Green River to Evanston where Michael's oldest brother will be blessing his first baby. Then we'll keep driving to Provo where we'll stay a couple days with Michael's grandparents (and parents who are staying there for the summer).
Then by Wednesday we'll make it to Rexburg.

Here's to hoping things can go as smoothly as possible. I'll have a DVD player, pacifiers, mountain dew, and lots of time with no little hands touching me. That's everything I need, right?

So here's a wrap up of our time in Florida.

Playing at the swimming hole. Of course eating peanut butter and jelly while walking on the table was way more fun than swimming. 

Practicing our squishy faces. 

Our last visit to the beach. The kids had a blast playing in the water. So fun!

Headed to the park. You just gotta have sunglasses in the sunshine state!

No comments:

Post a Comment