we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mesa Falls

It's been over 2 years since Michael and I have visited Mesa Falls. So we decided to go one more time, just the two of us and savor every bit of the time together, uninterrupted by children, that we can. Lucky me, I really enjoy his company and lately our schedules have been pretty dumb. I work days and he works nights, meaning I stay up really late every other night to spend time with him and try to catch up on the sleep the days between. It's dumb and I'm sure not the least bit healthy, but you do what you can. It's pretty crazy thinking how close we are to having our lives change forever. I know marriage has changed us, but adding something we created to the mix is something else. And for future reference it is not ok to tell people that are about to have a baby how much it changes your life and how hard it is and that you should be scared. Yea, I've had people tell me that. Thanks, like I'm not already freaking out in my head that this is really happening, and soon, but you want to add all that to it too? Crazy! Anyway, here's our trip to Mesa Falls with Michael's parents and Brenda back in July 2009 when I came to and help him move to Tennessee.

What a handsome man! 


Let's take a moment here and appreciate how skinny I am. Best shape of my life right there. 

I told you Brenda was with us!


We were a bit more adventurous that time and climbed all the way down to the bottom. This is the lower falls that are in the background of the first picture. Look at how uncomfortable we are on that rock! Can you tell we were getting engaged in a month and a half?

So what I liked most about this last trip to the falls was the spontaneity of it. Michael and I both had the day off and spent most of it sleeping and laying around. Finally Michael asked if I would like to go to Mesa Falls and of course I said yes. By the way, every time I go to type Mesa Falls I want to put Mesa da Falls instead.  Ok, so here's pictures from this time around. 

The view on the drive up.





 Upper Mesa Falls




Lower Mesa Falls


In other news.... I am 38 weeks pregnant. We're having a boy and will probably name him Tyler, but we're a little unsure at the moment. To my knowledge, he has never had the hiccups, which I think is weird. I haven't had any contractions yet, but have experienced the whole back labor thing and that sucks way bad. I had morning sickness my entire first trimester. It went away with the second but sadly came back with the third. As far as cravings go, I haven't really had any. Well, other than mountain dew... 44 oz almost every day for a while. That's gotta be healthy right? And nachos from Taco Bell. Not any other nachos, Taco Bell nachos. For a long time I didn't want any sweets. And if you know me, you know that's a big deal. Here lately I've been wanting a lot of ice cream. But just this past week. Oh, there was one time that all I wanted was peanut butter M & M's and red grapes... At the same time.... One of each in every bite. Awesome. I've done a pretty good job of staying busy and feel that I'm still very mobile, even though every time I get off the couch Michael makes a bear growling noise at me. I worked at Bambino's until the middle of July. I started my internship in August and now I'm working at that clinic. And I try to go walking after all of that too. My house is super clean... I suppose that has something to do with nesting. Let's see, what other questions are there about pregnancy.... My feet are huge and so are my ankles. They swelled about 2 weeks ago and haven't been their normal size since. I've gained about 50 pounds and went from a 26 inch waist to a 40. I weigh more than Michael and I'm bigger around than he is. I don't own a single item of maternity wear, yes I'm still squeezing into pre-pregnancy pants (lucky for me I like low rise pants). Although, I only have one pair of jeans that fit, but that's why I work at a vet clinic so I can wear scrubs. Most of my shirts still fit me, but I got some Down East basics shirts and they have been a life saver. I can't see my feet when I stand straight up, but I can reach them. Most importantly, I'm ready to be done being pregnant. Who knows if I'm ready to be a mom, but if I'm ready to go through labor.... That's gotta say something right? So here's a picture of me all huge, and here's to hoping my next blog will include a cute little baby!


I'm huge. 


















3 comments:

  1. I gain so much weight when I am pregnant. With Nixon almost 60 lbs, Claire I started out overweight and gained 35. This baby...45 so far but I've got 6 weeks to go... ha ha, you look cute! I hope your little guy comes soon. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! Looks like you have a basketball hiding under your shirt so you should probably get that checked out :) Love you and glad you got to go experience some more nature before it starts getting too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I finally get to see a picture of you as a cute pregnant girl! I'll be sure to post some of me. I'm excited to see that little addition to your family. I hope it happens sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete