we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Angry Updates

Read at your own risk, just sayin'

So... 39 weeks and 6 days. This past week has been pretty awful. I think I've done a pretty good job of being mobile and active during this pregnancy and really haven't let anything hold me back. I'm still working, I'm actually going in tomorrow. And I ran around and played a little soccer yesterday. Yea, take that pregnancy.  

There's just a few things that really bother me about being prego. I mean there's the obvious discomfort of being huge, the whole being super emotional thing, and the toll that being huge has on your self esteem. Did I mention being huge sucks? Anyway, there are a few other things that haven't bothered me until recently. I went to the gym and three pregnant women came in after me. I was on a bike, which are conveniently placed right at the entrance, so anyone else that comes in has to walk right past you. And of course at 9 months pregnant, you can't really hide that belly. Well, every one of those ladies walked past me and stopped to talk to me. . . just like they knew me. . . like we had been friends all our lives. .  . awesome. I'm not a super social person. I actually don't really like meeting new people. And I don't like talking to strangers. I don't even like talking to people that Michael knows that I don't. What can I say, my mom taught me well. So these people talking to me like I'm their best friend is really not ok. What makes them think it's ok to be my best friend just because we're both pregnant. Petty, but it bothers me. Then wherever I go people, strangers and friends, only ask me how I'm feeling or something pregnancy related. People that I've known all my life, or for a really long time, don't ask me how work is or if there's anything new in my life, they just want to know about my pregnancy. Now I realize that it is a pretty big part of my life. But seriously? I mean is there nothing else about my life that interests anyone? We went to a barbecue yesterday and everyone that came asked the same question... How are you feeling? I take that back, they asked that or said No baby yet? Obviously. Today I had 4 people ask me if I've had the baby yet. Why in the world would I have a baby and not tell people? I mean not being pregnant anymore is going to be so exciting that facebook will immediately know. And I've already got a text chain set up so everyone I know will know as soon as this baby meets the world. 

Ok, those are the things that bother me. I've really enjoyed how much closer Michael and I are with the thought of having a baby. Our relationship has definitely expanded. I've enjoyed how much closer I've gotten to certain people, thanks for sharing all your knowledge and experience. I've enjoyed how much of a challenge this whole thing has been. I've always been active and not being able to do as much physically as I think I should be able to has really taught me a lot. I've learned more about myself and how much I can take physically, emotionally, and spiritually and in all areas I've grown. No pun intended. It's been an adventure and we've done a lot to prepare our house, our selves and... well... mostly our house... to have a baby. I know there's a lot of things that really just plain suck about being pregnant, but in the end you get a baby and that's what it's all about. Just like the hokey pokey. I'm so excited to be a mom and for Michael to be a dad. He's a pretty cool guy and the combination of our personalities is definitely going to make our little Wampler a  very awesome person. And we're excited for that. I'm excited to see him and to get to know him. I'm excited to introduce him to his dad and to the rest of his family. I'm excited to teach him to play soccer and how to read. I'm excited to love him. I know it's going to change my life and nothing will ever be the same again, but this is getting old and change keeps things interesting. So yay for babies!

In all honesty, I thought if I wrote this whole blog about pregnancy and future babies that it might make me go into labor.... no luck yet but I'll keep you updated.



1 comment:

  1. I totally hear ya. I hate when every random person at the grocery store decides they should/can talk to you because you are pregnant, or because you have a tiny baby. Really, do they think I came to the supermarket to chat it up with them? bleh. Hope your baby comes soon! I remember after Nixon was born I took a long shower and realized that it had been so long since I had enjoyed how hot water felt on my skin. The little things make ya happy. LOVES!

    ReplyDelete