we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lack-o-motivation-itis

Haven't blogged in a long time. And I probably won't blog again after this one for a long time. Let's face it, I'm no good at this and I definitely don't have the motivation to write out everything that happens. I'll do my best. This isn't the end of blogging.
In other news, we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair yesterday. It was awesome. But I worked that morning, had a doctor's appointment and a WIC class, so let's just say I did a little too much in a day. We went to the fair with the intention of getting awesomely bad for you food and people watching. Michael immediately went to the Aberdeen Education Foundation booth, not because he knew everyone there, but he wanted fish. Not just one fish, not even just two fish, but three fish! The lady even asked him what he wanted and his response... the most I can get! Good thing his fish came with fries! Then we walked around for forever and found all the animals. Which to be honest, ended up being the highlight of my night. There were Clydesdales and huge chickens and a cow with HUGE horns and a buffalo and a goat with curly horns and goats and sheep. The goats and sheep really aren't that exciting, however, there were baby pygmy goats and they were the cutest dang thing ever. The petting zoo stuff is all free, but you can pay 50 cents to feed the animals, but enough people had dropped the food that I just picked that up off the ground and fed it to them. It was so cute! The little baby goats just licked it right out of my hand. Best day ever. There was a sheep there, he was actually quite deformed. It was a boy, that's for sure, but he also had very well developed girl parts... attached to his boy parts... I didn't get a picture of that, figured it might be a little inappropriate. So use your imagination. Oh! There was this other goat that had 4 horns! After the animals we walked around some more, got a Tiger Ear, which kicks the pants off funnel cakes any day. It's a fried scone with cinnamon and honey butter and is the best thing that ever happened to me. Well, technically Michael is because he introduced me to them. Then we people watched for a while. That's always fun. And here's some pictures of the evenings frivolities.


Do you see the emu in the background?!


These are the people we went with. Michael, of course, and our friends Katelyn and Jenny. Don't worry, Katelyn doesn't always look like that, she was just standing up. Oh look! Michael's smiling, he enjoyed this part too! And now he wants a miniature toy teacup pygmy goat.

Baby Buffalo! He was kind of angry. 





I'm gonna go ahead and add a tiny section of pictures of things I really enjoy. We take drives sometimes, and spend time together and it's really fun. Our latest, most common destination has been to the elk ranch just outside of town. This inspires us to learn more about having an elk ranch.... And there's a bunch of muskox too. We don't want those, but they still look cool, kinda like buffalo with big fluffy tails. 

Muskox

Elk

And this is the cutest puppy in the world  that we should have adopted and let get away.... In Michael's defense, he was a little terror. But super cute. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun memories y'all make! You should post more pictures of your pretty self since I never get to see you anymore. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea right... there's a good reason why there aren't any pictures of me and my fat face. let me lose about 50 lbs and have a baby and you'll see my face all over the place!

    ReplyDelete