we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Tennessee Aquarium


After a super fun time at my parents, I decided to do something super fun with the kids on my way back to Florida. I've always seen signs for the Tennessee Aquarium and I've heard tons of great things about it and with all the 16 years I lived only 3 hours away, I'd never been. Ivan's crazy about fish, I didn't want to drive anymore, and let's face it, I would enjoy the aquarium as much as the kids. I never realized how much it costs to go to a good aquarium... 

Ivan loved the penguins! We spent probably 20 minutes just watching the penguins dive in the water and swim around. Ivan is counting them in this picture, and by counting I mean saying 1, 3, 4, 6, 1, 3, 6, etc. 

The aquarium has 2 buildings. We went to the ocean building first. That building is 4 stories tall and has a tank that runs the entire height. Charlotte squealed when she saw the turtle. 

This turtle is a rescue. He was in a boating accident that took both his back legs (fins?) off. He still did a great job of swimming around and getting to the surface to breath. 

Ivan said "A shark! look at all those teeth! Just like me." We also saw someone scuba diving in the tank and Ivan thought it was Michael. 


This is in the second building, the river building. They had some really active otters. 

Ivan had a blast feeling the stergin. There was a different tank in the ocean building that had rays and tiny hammerhead sharks to pet. He about lost it getting to touch the fish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment