we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Official

We finally decided to add Ivan as a member of our family. We got him a dinosaur!

The story of the dinosaurs. When I graduated from high school, Michael and I had been long distance dating. He sent me a package as a present and sent a few random items. He sent a Big Hunk, a hair net, a heart paper weight, a toy car, a toy horse, a toy chicken (both of these were flashlights that made the noise of the animal when you squoze the tail), his favorite cd, a letter, and a toy dinosaur. The Christmas previous to this event, he bought a bunch of dinosaurs and gave one to each of the members of his family. Married couples got matching dinosaurs and Michael had one left over after every one got one, even after he had one. So he sent it to me. This meant nothing to me at the time because he hadn't told me about that yet, but it was a cute T-Rex and I kept it. 2 years after that, we got married. Now Ivan can be a part of our dinosaur collection and ultimately, a part of our eternal family.

Just ignore the fact that my T-Rex is missing a hand. Silly Chewy. Chewy was our puppy that chewed everything (so he found a new home). 


No comments:

Post a Comment