we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crafty like a Fox

This break has given me a little time to get some of my creativity out. I painted my knife block and recipe box to match, cow print, which totally fits my farm kitchen. I painted a picture frame and made a menu board out of it, thanks for the idea Natalie! I made a shadow box of my favorite Ivan outfit and his first shoes. I made a sign that says I-V-A-N, because my friend Megan made me a Tyler sign when that was supposed to be his name. Thanks Megan! I rearranged my living room. And I'm still in the process of painting my bedroom. One of the walls had wallpaper on it and I decided the job would be more complete if I removed the wallpaper. Silly me. I had no idea what I was getting myself into! So a week and a half later, I am still peeling wallpaper. We finally hung up our pictures in our collage frames we got a couple months ago. I painted this little chicken that I found at the DI and hung it up in the kitchen. It still needs some work. I think it looks like a turkey right now. Have to fix that.








In other news. I do have a few concerns. I am graduating this semester, in July! Yay. But so are most of my friends. And if they aren't graduating and moving back home, they are moving for other reasons. So come August, I'm not sure I'll have anyone left in Rexburg. This makes me worried because these people are the reason I stay sane in this place. I hate Rexburg. I love Idaho, but anywhere within a 25 mile radius of Rexburg sucks pretty bad. What makes it worse is that we just switched to a student ward and I'm pretty sure that the constant flow of people moving in and out will ensure my inability to make a friend that lasts for longer than a semester. Although I am ecstatic about this being my last semester ever of college and to finally have a degree, I have this huge weight of all my friends leaving hanging over me. And I'm the kind of person that will push people away before they hurt me. That means I won't have any friends in a lot less time than 3 months.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, student wards were SO hard on me for the same reason! However, you just have to make friends while keeping in mind that you'll likely just be keeping in touch over FB or blogs once life takes you all elsewhere. And that's okay! I have a very small handful of friends from my years at BYU that I actually keep in regular contact with (I can actually count them all on one hand). But the fun I had with some now distant people was worth the friendships! I have some fantastic memories and now I know people all over the country (and world too), so when I go on vacation or take a road trip, I'll have old friends to visit and catch up with, places to stay to keep traveling cheap, and I'm sure we'll all have more time to be friends in the next life too.

    Keep on the bright side--you really can never have too many friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, great job on all of your crafts! :D

    ReplyDelete