we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our new TOY


Ok, let's start by saying a gun is not a toy. You don't play with guns. Guns are never toys. As responsible adults... yes Michael and I are responsible adults, we do not admonish small children or immature people playing with guns. But since we're mature, we got one! Michael decided he wanted to sell the PS3 he had. He only had it for a couple months but when the new Call of Duty game came out, he had to have it. He traded Call of Duty Black Ops for Modern Warfare 3. I didn't like playing MW3 and I think that helped his decision to sell it. All of it. Instead of having extra money in our budget, we decided to do the responsible thing and redistribute it... again. We bought a single shot .22 from Michael's brother Chris while we were down for Thanksgiving. It's nothing big or fancy, but we see it as an investment. And we still have enough money left over to buy another one and be twinners with matching guns. Except I think we'll get a .22 with a clip and not a single shot. We've both shot guns before on multiple occasions, and I have a lot of experience with a bolt action, thanks dad! Eventually we want to get into the whole hunting game and getting really good at shooting has to start somewhere. Plus, with a .22 we can shoot all day and only spend a couple bucks versus shooting a shotgun for a couple minutes and coming out bruised to pieces or shooting a big rifle and spending lots of money. See, our reasoning really is reason. So we took Ivan and our good friend Sydney with us to the Menan Buttes and had a little fun. I think we were only out for an hour before our toes were froze, but Ivan slept the whole time. He's pretty good at letting us have our fun. 



Since we were going to be outside for a while Ivan needed to wear his winter coat. Thanks Nana and Papa for getting this! We actually left Ivan in the car, that way he's protected from the noise (cuz a .22 is so loud?) and the cold. Don't worry, whoever wasn't shooting was watching him. I swear that's a smile on his face, it's just such a big one you can't tell!

Here's a better idea of how big this thing is right now. His arms go about half way through the sleeve and his legs end about halfway through the bottom of the coat. Thank goodness this thing will fit him for a while though, it's super warm and he seems to enjoy the peek-a-boo aspect of the coat. 

My super hot husband.

Our friend Sydney. This is her first time shooting a gun. And she's pretty good.

I couldn't hit anything from too far away. Neither could Michael, so that's ok right? 

I did tear up this can though! Michael put the tab inside the can and I shot it out the back! I put 3 or 4 shots all in a line on the front of the can.

After we were done there we fed the ducks. There are more than that too. And they were a little crazy. Michael had me backed up against the car and was throwing bread at my feet. All the ducks swarmed over there and I got bit! On the leg! Crazy. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! What a fun time! And that is a nice little gun. I like it. I think guns are fun when used right. I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete