we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Da fair, da fair, da fair, da fair

You know, kinda like da bears....

Every year we look forward to the Southeast Idaho State Fair. They put on an incredible show. It's in Blackfoot, which is about 45 minutes away, but worth it. They have barns and barns full of livestock like cows, goats, sheep, horses, bunnies, chickens, and pigs (but pigs are gross so we don't go there). They have all the known carnival rides and foods. Oh the foods. They have a space as big as a football field just filled with all these wonderful places to eat. They have scones, corndogs, french fries, burgers, Chinese food, Dutch oven cooking, deep fried everything, fish fry booths, and so many desserts I don't even know where to begin. Goodness, just thinking about it I can't wait for next year!

The first time we went, I was prego with Ivan. Oh boy all the food.
The next year we went, I was prego with Charlotte. Oh boy all the food. And Ivan loved the animals oh so much. And it rained on us.
This year when we went, I was not prego and I think this was the time I ate the most! Ivan loved the french fries and Charlotte was pretty chill. Ivan had a blast seeing all the animals.









He especially loved the goats. He pet them and bleated at them, in a nice way, and wanted to take one home with him.



We walked around for a bit trying to find the petting zoo and I'm pretty sure they didn't have it this year. That was kinda sad. So we made another loop around the goats and called it good. We did see a few chickens wandering around and after the trip to my parent's, Ivan was thrilled to see them walking all free and stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment