we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Aberdeen Days

Every year in the town Michael grew up in they have a celebration for something, I'd imagine it was for being an awesome town. There is free breakfast in the park in the morning. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, juices, all sorts of good stuff. And the food was really great, all you can eat, although after 2 pancakes that big I was more than stuffed. There is a parade down main street, lots of vendors set up selling stuff all day, a plane that drops ping pong balls on main street (this was way cool and some of the balls had prizes), and a fish fry at the end of the day. I have to say I'm pretty darn impressed with the festivities of the day, especially for a town with less than 2000 people. We got to spend time with Michael's parents and his good friends the Milletts. It was really really hot that day too.

There was a tractor and car show. 


Can you see the ping pong balls? They are right on top of the people. 


The guy in the yellow in the back of the truck is Michael's dad!

Of course Michael got some candy! Some people threw ice pops and bouncy balls, which was interesting, I just wanted the candy!

Apparently this climbing thing at the park is super cool. 

So I had to do it too... got halfway up and got really scared! It was really shaky and I'm higher up than it looks!

Ivan had to do it too. 

That kid is always photo bombing us!

This is Michael's best friend Ben and Ben's daughter Emma. Ivan and Emma are only a couple months apart and love hanging out with each other, especially if they get to chicken fight. I also really liked that I got both sets of grandparents in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment