we put the aw in awesome

WE PUT THE AW IN AWESOME

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Teddy

Teddy was my favorite dog. He loves to go running, take long walks on the beach and chase cars. He was always really good at making me feel better and being my little shadow. He never listened to anyone the way he would me. He could do tricks like sit, lay down, speak, and dance. He was fantastic at jumping, I used to call him my little Mexican jumping bean. He was the weirdest dog ever sometimes. He could squeal like a stuck pig if you came close to stepping on him and never quite liked being picked up or he'd do the same thing. Teddy loved chewing on bones, eating table scraps and absolutely loved anything called a treat. Teddy has been my best friend for the past 5 years and always stuck by my side. I can remember when Teddy was born, his mom was Gizmo the Pomeranian and Kaiser the German Shepherd was his dad. He had one sister who died 2 days after birth. Gizmo only lived for a few months after having him. Teddy was originally Marisa's dog, but I obviously liked him more and we bonded immediately. He was born around January of 2006. Teddy and I would hang out next to the pool all day in the summer. Sometimes he'd even swim with me. When we weren't outside he was always by my side or at my feet. When Michael and I got married, Teddy was part of the deal. So we moved him from Clarksville, TN to Rigby, ID. During the weekend we moved Teddy spent about 36 hours in the back of a moving truck, squealing his head off the whole time, poor thing. When we let him out he acted like he hadn't seen me in years. He hated car rides, which made taking him on hikes difficult. But we took him anyway. Last summer we started training him to walk with us without us holding the leash. This way he had a little more roaming room and we weren't tied down to a leash all the time. It took some time for him to understand he couldn't go home unless he was with us. Once we went hiking in September at Cress Creek and Teddy decided it would be a better idea to run away. So for 2 hours... 2 hours! we searched for him. We were in the mountains and it started snowing and we searched and searched. Finally he came back, soaked and shivering and cold. Oh I was so upset! Then there was this other time when we were hiking around the Menan Butte and Teddy ran off, dang rabbits they're just so distracting! So for 45 minutes we searched and searched. Somehow he always finds us but only on his time. Silly dog. There was this other time that he ran off and then this other time. Oh how he loved to run and especially after cars. Every time he ran off he would always come back hurt. Always limping in some way as if that would make us less mad that he ran away. Well, it always worked on me. Poor thing, I'd always feel so bad for him that I would carry him back to the car. I'm sure sometimes he would legitimately pull a muscle, but every time? He was such a good dog to me. This morning, my wonderful husband took Teddy on a walk. Teddy loves walks and I don't always take him on one, so it was nice for Michael to do that. Well, Teddy did what Teddy's good at and he ran. He ran so fast into the road that the car got him. So here's to Teddy, my favorite dog.












I love you Teddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment